CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Reflection

Reflection Post

Unfortunately studying the required vocabulary for this class has not had much impact on me. Being stressed including the amount of homework I have had to do, and having a lot on the brain lately hasn’t helped my ability to apply the vocabulary that we have been studying. I haven’t been encountering the words that we have been studying in class, although I may come across them in a book once or twice and just fly right by them, forgetting their meaning. I don’t approach unfamiliar vocabulary any differently now. I approach them the same as always. I sound out the word and if it’s familiar to me I shout hip hip hooray in my mind. You see the problem is I may have heard the word but I have never seen it printed or in a proper sentence. Consider the words “baklava” and “constructive,” I knew those words this week, but yet I never use them in conversation or any of the other new words I’ve learned. I should though, for it would not only broaden my vocabulary but my intellect, don’t you think?
I am not remembering the words from class long-term. They are short term words for me, just enough to pass the vocabulary tests. Which is horrible of me, either I should study more or find a new way to approach my study habits and techniques. Things I can do to remember the words is writing the words repetitively. I could also turn the words into a trivia game.

0 comments: