CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Reflection 3

Reflection Post

A fond childhood memory and why it means so much to me is when I would play Barbie’s with my stepsister Bethany. See, I was born an only child, so when my mother got remarried to a man who had children relative to my own age I thought it would be the greatest thing in the world. Until she and her sister Ashly got older. Bethany just got married today, 10/2/09 at the (Justice of the Peace) at the age of twenty, and only seems to care about herself and her new appointed husband. So much to the point that she never even gave me the common courtesy as to make me a bridesmaid in her future BIG wedding next June. It hurts so much, the sisters I grew up, the sisters I thought I knew. I guess we have now grown so distant that we can’t pick up the phone and say “hello” to each other for no reason what so ever. I guess that’s how life goes. Feelings get hurt in families and mine got hurt more than I thought. We still have all our Barbie’s, a whole shed full at my mother’s house in fact. The Barbie’s are probably worth big bucks now if the rats and bugs haven’t gotten to them. We have Barbie cars, houses, animals, plus the Barbie’s themselves and more. If I were to sell our Barbie’s that would mean talking to Bethany. Guess that won’t happen anytime soon, for I could really use the extra money with the economy today. Point being, if you have siblings don’t loose your relationship with them and if you have a bad one with them, make up, for you don’t get many siblings in life. I’ve had four stepsister’s but that’s a different story.

0 comments: